Travel on CTA and Metra to this year’s Auto Show to avoid all the stressors of driving, including traffic jams and high parking costs. The Chicago Transit Authority (CTA) and Metra offer the most affordable and hassle-free ways to get to the 2023 Chicago Auto Show, taking place Saturday, Feb. 11 through Monday, Feb. 20, 2023, at McCormick Place.
By CTA Train
The Cermak-McCormick Place Green Line station is located within walking distance, west of McCormick Place. Customers can connect to the Green Line via multiple rail lines (Red, Orange, Blue, Brown and Pink lines), which provide free transfers at multiple locations and will have signage directing customers where to transfer and exit.
By Metra Rail
Metra Electric Line trains will be making extra stops at the McCormick Place Station for the duration of the show. For the full schedule, go here. Metra riders on rail lines that arrive at Chicago Union Station, LaSalle Street Station and the Ogilvie Transportation Center can board the CTA’s Auto Show shuttle buses for direct service to McCormick Place (see below).
By CTA Bus
McCormick Place is served by the #3 King Drive and the #21 Cermak routes.
Special CTA Auto Show Shuttle Bus
Take the Auto Show shuttle bus to McCormick Place. The shuttle bus provides a fast ride to and from McCormick Place, for:
• Union Station (Southbound on Clinton at Quincy or Eastbound on Jackson at the River)
• Ogilvie Transportation Center (Southbound on Clinton at Madison)
• LaSalle Street Station (Eastbound on Jackson at Financial Place)
For Metra riders taking Metra to downtown, the bus will operate from 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. each day for the duration of the Auto Show. Signs on the buses will indicate “Auto Show.” The shuttle bus fare is $2.25.
More Auto Show, Less Fare
A reminder to all customers, especially suburban car enthusiasts: CTA and Metra are an even more economical and affordable option to travel to the Auto Show.
Customers can save money by purchasing an unlimited ride pass from CTA. Good choices for Auto Show visitors include:
- 1-day/24-hour pass: $5
- 3-day/72-hour pass: $15
- 7-day pass: $20
Metra Weekday Fares
- For riders who ride the Metra Electric Line to McCormick Place or the Rock Island Line, the Fair Transit South Cook Pilot Program offers riders up a 50% fare reduction. Under this program, the one-way fare for zone A or B riders is only $2.
- For riders on other lines, the $10 Day Pass allows for unlimited travel throughout the Metra system. The $6 Day Pass is good for unlimited travel between three fare zones. Both passes are available for purchase on the Ventra app only.
- Children 6 or younger ride free with a fare-paying adult.
Metra Weekend Fares
- The $10 Weekend Pass (available on the Ventra app only) is good for unlimited travel on Metra on both Saturday and Sunday
- The $7 Saturday or Sunday Day Pass is good for unlimited rides on either Saturday or Sunday
- And don’t forget about Metra’s Family Fares, which allow up to three children 11 and under to ride free with each fare-paying adult.
Know before you go!
The CTA and Metra strongly recommend that customers plan ahead, allow extra travel time, and purchase fares in advance.
Masks are no longer required on CTA and Metra: While the city continues to see low levels of transmission of COVID-19, customers and employees who wish to continue wearing masks are encouraged to do so. We ask all customers to be courteous and respectful to fellow riders.
Fare payment options on CTA: We offer a variety of convenient payment options—from smart devices to contactless credit cards. Learn more about payment options and ways you can maximize your dollars with our lower-priced unlimited-ride passes by visiting: transitchicago.com/fares/
Stay in the Loop on CTA service and follow us on Facebook or Twitter (@CTA) for system travel updates and alerts. For details about all CTA service, call 312-836-7000 or visit the CTA website at transitchicago.com.
For the latest information on Metra service, follow your Metra line on Twitter (@Metra) or sign up for service alerts for your line at metra.com. Metra Customer Service at 312-322-6777 is available to assist you from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday. After 5 p.m. weekdays and on Saturdays, the RTA Travel Information Center is available to assist you at 312-836-7000.
For more information to plan your Auto Show visit, please check metra.com or transitchicago.com. Metra Electric Line Auto Show schedules can be found here. Also, please see map below for Auto Show shuttle bus.