The first thing you’re going to see when you open the Ventra app on your smartphone is a screen that allows you to create an account. It’s free and it’s easy. And creating a Ventra account allows you to take full advantage of all the app’s features:
- For Metra customers, it allows you to store your credit or debit cards, or transit benefits debit card, so you don’t have to enter the information every time you buy a Metra mobile ticket.
- It allows you to split your payment between two cards – very handy for those who use a pre-tax transit benefits debit card that does not cover the full cost of a monthly pass.
- It allows you to recover your mobile tickets if your phone is lost, stolen, damaged or replaced.
- It allows you to use a Ventra card to buy Metra tickets (but a Ventra card is not required – you can just use any credit or debit cards if you prefer).
- For CTA and Pace customers who use a Ventra card, it allows you to manage your Ventra card’s transit accounts. For instance, you can check your balance, add value, add passes, get account notifications and more.
- You can even store your favorite train and bus routes for quick access to transit tracker information.
- The “Log In” option is for those customers who have already created a Ventra account. If you use the CTA and/or Pace and already have a Ventra card registered with a Ventra account, just use the login and password that you created when you first registered.